people ask me all the time what i do when i'm sick. well, here it is:
1. gargle with half hydrogen peroxide/ half water as soon as i feel it coming on. about 4 or 5 times a day or until the sore throat eases away, which is usually within a day, if i catch it soon enough. i think it just kills all those germs that are waiting to attack you.
3. drink a million gallons of water. this one seems pretty self explanatory.
5. pull out the neti pot. i actually hate this thing, but it works. i feel like i'm drowning, it's such a dramatic scene. i'm a baby sometimes. but after a few minutes, my whole sinus cavity is clear and i can breathe again.
6. tea tree oil. put just a few drops onto your finger, and then pat it right outside your nostrils. maybe a drop on your tongue too if you can handle it. [it's great for clearing up skin blemishes, too. and it's anti-baterial and anti-fungal]
7. cut out any and all processed foods and sugar. eat lots of raw fruits and veggies instead. blend a bunch into a smoothie, juice them, whatever it takes. but no sugar allowed. it completely shuts down the immune system, leaving your body defenseless, and offense-less (?) to fight the sickness that's attacking.
truth be told, i rarely get sick [knock on wood?], but when i do, it never lasts long. these remedies knock it out before it really gets going. i'll take actual healing over masking-the-symptoms any day, wouldn't you?
* revised & edited from the archives